Ann Arbor Air Duct Sealing
Do your air ducts leak? Over time, your air ducts may loosen at the joint and/or become damaged from vermin, storms and general wear and tear. When this happens, your air ducts leak climate controlled air, and outside air enters your ducts. This reduces your HVAC unit's ability to heat or cool your home or business and can result in an increase in indoor air pollution when dust, dirt and other contaminants enter your Ann Arbor home or business through the holes in your ducts.
Air duct sealing from our HVAC technicians can improve your HVAC system's efficiency and help reduce indoor air pollution from outdoor particulate matter. We do this by locating leaking joints and seams and sealing them with either metal tape or mastic, which is a permanent sealant.
How ann arbor air duct sealing works
It is relatively easy to locate and seal large breaks and holes in your duct system using metal or mesh tape, but the many small gaps and holes that occur due to deteriorating duct work, spaces between walls and registers, and duct work joints, can be much harder to locate and seal. These small breaks in your duct work can add up to a large loss in your heating and cooling efficiency. Most homes tend to lose between 30-40% from duct leakage. AIRDUCT CLEAN employs a breakthrough patented technology called Aeroseal to fill in all those small gaps and breaks in your air system.
The AIRDUCT CLEAN Aeroseal process:
- Apply pressure testing to your air duct system
- Seal all air vents in your duct system
- Increase air pressure in your duct system
- Observe any decreases in the air pressure. This loss will be caused by breaks and holes in your air duct system.
- Spray Aeroseal UL tested and approved, non-toxic sealant into your duct system
- The Aeroseal injection process is controlled and monitored via computer so that you can see the sealing process and the results in real time.
- The aerosol particulates seal the holes by adhering to the edges of the breaks in your air duct system. The whole process only requires about 1 to 2 oz. of sealant and can seal holes up to 5/8ths of an inch.
- View the results
- The Aeroseal computer creates a printout that summarizes the analysis of the reduction in your duct leakage.
Why Aeroseal is right for you?
- The sealant is made from the same material as pacifiers and bubblegum, a green friendly, water-based, non-toxic polymer.
- Aeroseal fixes breaks in your air duct, roughly the size of a quarter*
- Aeroseal is included in the top three ways to save energy, by the EPA
- It takes just six hours to complete the average job
- Air duct sealing with Aeroseal comes with a 10-year warranty
- The Aeroseal process reduces air leaks in your duct system by 80 to 99%
- See a 20 to 40% increase in your heating and cooling capacity.
- You can expect to see a return on your investment in Aeroseal in as little as 2 to 5 years.
* Aeroseal cannot be used on concrete because it will not adhere to the surface. The Aeroseal process is only intended to seal breaks in your duck system, nowhere else.
Why you need air duct sealing in ann arbor
Improving your Ann Arbor home or business' heating, cooling and energy efficiency may be as simple as having your air ducts sealed. Improperly sealed and leaking air ducts can cause a dramatic difference between the air temperature that leaves your unit and the air temperature you feel at your vents. This is because as your cooled or heated air passes over gaps, leaks and holes, some of that air escapes and is replaced by outdoor air that has not been heated or cooled. This could result in the vents closest to your HVAC unit pumping out very cold air, and the vents located at the far end of your home of business cranking out very little air or air that closely resembles the outside temperature. When this happens, your HVAC unit must work harder to compensate for the decreased efficiency of your air ducts. This can result in higher than normal energy bills.
Leaking air ducts can also cause an increase in the amount of particulate matter in your home or business' indoor air. Air pollutants can float through your vents from the leaks and out your registers. As your HVAC system pulls your indoor air into the unit, those particles get trapped in your filter. This can lead to filter clogs, which can reduce the amount of air that enters your furnace or air conditioner. When this happens, your unit has to work harder and longer to get the airflow it needs to operate. This can result in the need for frequent repairs. Thankfully, sealing and insulating your air ducts can solve these problems.
Contact UsAIRDUCT CLEAN
2793 Plymouth Rd., Suite K
Ann Arbor, MI, 48105
Hours of operationMonday to Saturday
9:00AM - 7:00PM
5 Things Michiganders Do That Create a Toxic Indoor EnvironmentWE IMPROVE INDOOR AIR Let us clean and maintain your ducts and HVAC system so you can breathe easier CALL…Read More...
How To Identify and Avoid the Top 3 Air Duct Cleaning ScamsWE IMPROVE INDOOR AIR Let us clean and maintain your ducts and HVAC system so you can breathe easier CALL…Read More...
Why Do You Need Ann Arbor Air Duct Sealing Services?
- Improve Temperature Consistency in Your Home or Business
- Reduce Heating and Cooling Bills
- Prevent Contaminants from Entering Your Air Ducts
- Increase the Operating Efficiency of Your HVAC Unit
- Improve Home and Business Safety
Very professional. They left leaving no mess behind. It was nice getting before and after photos via email the next day. Would recommend this company. I will definitely use them again.Lisa Boner
We used Airduct Clean to clean the ducts in our home. It wasn't an easy job because we have several different furnaces in the house. They were cheap, quick, and professional. They sent two techs to quickly knock out the job so I could get to work. The before and after pictures they provided immediately after service were very telling and made me feel wonderful about the choice to use Airduct Clean. I have and will continue to recommend them.Cullen Orris
Get In Touch
July 21, 2016 9:37 am
July 5, 2016 5:04 pm
Hours of Operation
Monday to Saturday
9:00AM - 7:00PM