Troy Air Duct Sealing
If you have not had your air ducts inspected and sealed recently, you could be wasting money on your heating and cooling bills and allowing air contaminants into your Troy home or business. Air ducts that are not properly sealed allow climate controlled air to escape your home, causing uneven heating and cooling. You may even notice that some rooms feel stuffy or stale due to lack of air flow.
We recommend periodically having your ducts inspected in order to identify gaps and holes in your system. Gaps in ducts can be caused by improperly sealed seams, vermin infestations and wear and tear over several years. Our professional HVAC technicians can inspect your ducts with a camera and seal gaps and holes with mastic or a special type of tape that insulates and seals duct work.
How troy air duct sealing works
Did you know that a large part of the conditioned air in your home is being lost into the walls, attic, and other areas? Approximately 30 to 40% of your cooled or heated air is lost due to breaks, holes and gaps in your air duct work system. This waste significantly increases your energy bill every month and shows how important it is to fix this problem as soon as possible. Although bigger more obvious damage is relatively easy to locate and fix with traditional methods, smaller breaks and holes are much more difficult. That is why AIRDUCT CLEAN takes advantage of the breakthrough patented Aeroseal process to seal those holes that traditional methods leave behind.
How the Aeroseal process works:
- Checking the integrity of your duct work system with air pressure testing
- Seal all vents in your air ducts in order to stop air from escaping
- Raise the air pressure in your duct work system
- The air pressure is closely monitored via computer for even the slightest drop in in air pressure. Any drop indicates breaks or holes in your duct work system.
- Injection of Aeroseal’s UL tested and approved, non-toxic aerosol sealant to the pressurized duct work system.
- The Aeroseal process, including the injection of the aerosol sealant, is strictly computer monitored to ensure the process is done efficiently and to allow you to view the results of the sealing process in real time.
- The Aeroseal sealant fills the breaks and holes in your duct work by first adhering to the edges of the holes and then to itself, layering on until the breaches in your ductwork are sealed. Only about 1 to 2 oz. of sealant are used in the entire process. The sealant is capable of fixing holes in your duct work up to 5/8ths of an inch.
- See the results of the Aeroseal process
- After the Aeroseal process is complete, you will be given a computer printout outlining the difference the sealing process has made in your air duct leakage.
Reasons you should choose Aeroseal
- The Aeroseal polymer sealant is completely safe to use in your duct work. The sealant is made of a water-based, green friendly, non-toxic polymer, the same as used in bubblegum and pacifiers.
- Aeroseal can seal holes in your duct work system up to 5/8ths of an inch and smaller, about the size of a quarter*
- The EPA has listed Aeroseal as one of three top ways you can save energy.
- Average duct sealing jobs take about 6 hours.
- 10-year warranty
- Seals 80 to 99% leaks in your duct work
- Increase your heating and cooling capacity by 20 to 40%.
- Average return on investment within 2 to 5 years.
* Aeroseal will not work on concrete. Aeroseal’s polymer will not adhere to the surface of concrete. Aeroseal is only designed to seal holes in your ductwork, nowhere else.
Why you need air duct sealing in troy
Your HVAC system helps you stay cool during the summer and warm in the winter, but if your air ducts are leaking, your air conditioner and furnace are not operating at their peak efficiency levels, and the loss of heating and cooling efficiency could be wearing your system out faster. Central air conditioning units and heat pumps are designed to last up to 15 years, according to the International Association of Home Inspectors. Furnaces are designed to last up to 25 years. If your system is working harder due to a loss of climate controlled air through your ducts, keeping your HVAC system running until the end of its normal useful life could result in numerous, expensive repairs.
Leaking air ducts also allow outside air into your home or commercial business, which results in a decrease in air quality because dust, pollen and other air contaminants flow inside with the air where they are circulated through your ducts and into your HVAC unit. Since all HVAC units have air filters, the vast majority of the filth is caught in your filter. Unfortunately, this can result in the need to change your filter more often, especially if the air being sucked into your vents through the holes and gaps is exceptionally dirty. To improve your HVAC system's efficiency, reduce repair and replacement costs and keep your indoor air clean, we recommend that all homes and businesses schedule periodic air duct inspections and sealing services.
Contact UsAIRDUCT CLEAN
2793 Plymouth Rd., Suite K
Ann Arbor, MI, 48105
Hours of operationMonday to Saturday
9:00AM - 7:00PM
5 Things Michiganders Do That Create a Toxic Indoor EnvironmentWE IMPROVE INDOOR AIR Let us clean and maintain your ducts and HVAC system so you can breathe easier CALL…Read More...
How To Identify and Avoid the Top 3 Air Duct Cleaning ScamsWE IMPROVE INDOOR AIR Let us clean and maintain your ducts and HVAC system so you can breathe easier CALL…Read More...
Why Do You Need Troy Air Duct Sealing Services?
- Extend the Life of Your A/C Unit and Furnace
- Improve Indoor Comfort
- Make Your Building More Environmentally Friendly
- Reduce Indoor Air Pollution
- Reduce Monthly Utility Bills
Sam and Kevin from Air Duct Clean arrived early and were very professional. They were experienced and did a great job.John Tenza
The guys came on time and did a good job. Very time effective service.Yvette Williams
Get In Touch
July 21, 2016 9:37 am
July 5, 2016 5:04 pm
Hours of Operation
Monday to Saturday
9:00AM - 7:00PM